How to maintain results from ultrasound guided sclerotherapy
- Posted on: May 15 2022
If you have undergone ultrasound guided sclerotherapy to get rid of unsightly spider veins and painful varicose veins, then you know that those veins are gone for good. However, it’s important to know that you could still develop new, unhealthy veins. While you can’t change genetics or the aging process, there are many things you can do to maintain results and prevent or delay developing additional spider and varicose veins.
- If you have a job where you are on your feet all day and you do not plan to get a different job, then be sure to sit down periodically and give your legs a break throughout the day.
- If you have a job where you sit for long periods of time, it’s equally important to avoid sitting for too long. Getting up every 30 minutes or so to walk around forces your leg muscles to move blood toward your heart. Otherwise, your blood doesn’t move much when you’re sitting.
- Put your feet up on a chair or stool so that the blood can flow back toward your heart. This is especially important if you sit or stand for long periods of time due to the type of job you have.
- If you wear pantyhose, choose support hose whenever possible. It’s important to note that support hose isn’t the same as compression hose or garments, but it provides more support than regular pantyhose.
- If you are prone to developing unhealthy veins, you may want to consider regular use of compression hose to encourage blood movement upward toward the heart.
- Exercise is great for your overall health, but it’s especially important when it comes to vein health. When your leg muscles are strong, they help your leg veins push blood up toward the heart. By keeping your muscles strong, this will help prevent new diseased veins from forming.
- If you are overweight or obese, the best thing you can do for your overall health is to lose weight. Losing weight will decrease the pressure on your legs and lower the chances of spider and varicose veins from forming.
If you need treatment for spider veins or varicose veins, please call (713) 349-8346 to schedule an appointment.
Posted in: Sclerotherapy